With Winter taking her sweet time to get here, I have decided to conjure up a warm wintery bowl of comfort…not that I ever need an excuse to have a potato salad. If you are bored of the same old mayonnaise tossed potato salad then this lightly tossed buttery bowl of goodness is definitely for you.
Although the cold weather and rain hasn’t touched our draught stricken land, the sun is setting about 3 hours earlier than usual and turning days into nights before we have had time to digest lunch.
This warm wintery light salad is comforting enough to have you relaxing with a glass of your finest white wine after a long day at work while marvelling over these incredibly beautiful vegetables…the watermelon radish.
Warm Radish and Potato Salad with a Butter Vinaigrette
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
“The butter dressing makes this salad ideal served straight away, when the vegetables are still slightly warm.”
- Rinse and scrub the potatoes and place cube them before placing them into a large saucepan, cover with water and add sea salt.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and let simmer until tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Rinse and trim the green beans, place them into a steaming basket (or use a sieve with a lid) and cover and steam until tender, 10 minutes depending on their thickness.
- Finely slice the radishes and set aside before chopping the nuts.
- Melt the butter on low heat with the olive oil and lightly fry the potatoes until golden and crispy.
- Season the potatoes before adding the green beans and nuts to the pan.
- To make the vinaigrette: melt the butter, whisk in the vinegar and add the garlic and spring onions before seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Place all salad ingredients in a bow and toss with the vinaigrette before serving.
So as you cuddle up on the couch with this hearty bowl of goodness, be sure to be mindful of your blessings and everything you are thankful for. Eating while in a positive mood and state promotes a healthy mind.
Be sure to order your next Wild Organics Vegetable box that is delivered straight to your door by clicking the following link www.wildorganics.co.za and as always…