Zucchinis are similar to the notorious Brussel Sprout and broccoli. Not only are they part of the mean green club but they are sadly forgotten about or added to stews to bulk them up. I absolutely love these delicious vegetables and all its variations.
In this weeks Wild Organics (www.wildorgaincs.co.za) vegetable bag I received these green gems and wanted to make them the well deserved hero. Also with the Autumn weather reminding us to grab a jersey wherever we are off to lately I thought it would be great to turn them into a dish you could enjoy indoors snuggled on the couch. With a few household staples…you can whip this up in less then 10 minutes.
To make the Zucchini Pesto:
- 5-6 medium/large Organic Zucchini’s from Wild Organics
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbsp Pecan Nuts
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh Basil
- 4 leaves of kale, removed from the stem
- Season with pink Himalayan salt & black pepper to taste
- 1/3 Cup Willow Creek Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Lemon Flavour (depends how liquidy you want your pesto)
- 1 small green chilli, chopped
- Squeeze all the excess water from the grated zucchini in a dish towel – the zucchini has to be as dry as possible.
- Place the zucchini in a Nutribullet (or Food Processor) along with the garlic, pecan nuts, parmesan, basil, kale and seasoning.
- Drizzle in the olive oil until the pesto reaches the consistency you like.
- Check for seasoning again and adjust as necessary.
- Serve with Santa Anna’s Organic Corn Chips or as a topping for pastas/ baked potatoes etc.
I hope you enjoy making this recipe, kids and adults alike will definitely find it easier to get in their 5 a day with this easy and delicious recipe.
Be sure to order your weekly Wild Organics vegetable box delivered straight to your door now by clicking the link: http://www.wildorganics.co.za/